Why Choose Us
Whether your child is a born entertainer or a bit on the shy side, our classes will inspire and encourage them to express themselves through dance, have fun, and develop into the best individuals and dancers possible. Our classes involve so much more than learning a choreographed routine. We strip everything down to the basics, teaching the foundations and walk with students, step by step, until they are confident in mastering the most advanced movements. We allow students to explore these foundations to nurture their creativity and enhance their movement vocabulary, developing them as artists and giving them ownership of their learning.
What to expect?
- A fun, welcoming atmosphere
- A safe, nurturing environment to learn
- The freedom to be yourself and explore your creativity
- Increased confidence and self esteem
- Improved musicality and rhythm
- Improved fitness
- Improved focus, resilience and perseverance
- Opportunities to interact, work with others and make friends
- Learn the history, culture and foundations of various dance styles
- Increased confidence within freestyle/improvisation
- Learn fun routines
- Keep track of your own progress
- Feel challenged but encouraged
- Create your own choreography
- Performance opportunities
- Audition opportunities
Each class starts with a game to get our students in the mood and interacting with each other. Being new to a large group can be daunting and we believe that no matter what age you are, having fun always helps us relax and be ourselves, the perfect state to enable us to learn! After our game we move straight onto our warm up and into class. Each class involves students learning some technique/foundations, exploring them creatively in their own way through concepts and creative tasks, and learning fun routines based on these foundation movements. We always finish with a cool down and reflection.